function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JosephDJosephD 

creating table for input

I'm tyring to create a VF page that displays a table for form input.  Table has 4 columns and 6 rows.  The first column is the labe/instruction.  Columns, 2,3,4 are Input Field values.  Each cell in columns 2-4 are different Input Fields.  I'm having trouble acutally creeating a table to display the rows.  pageBlock doesn't seem to be the right apex function to use.  Table would look something like this:

Label                  Percent                    Id Number               Reference

Prevalence         5                              12345                      Page 5, Section 3

Test Population  25                             89999                     Page 6, Section 2

Any help would be appreciated.

aballardaballard

Seems like a straightforward use of apex:datatable or apex:pageblocktable.   Have you looked at the documentation and examples?

JosephDJosephD

apex:pageblocktable will work.  I've been using pageBlockSection and pageBlockSection item.  For each row I'm using PageBlockSectionItem.  The first column that I need to display does not map to any field in an object.  It's a label in the table.  Just was wondering if there was better way to creating a 6x4 table without repeating pageBlockSectionItems.

aballardaballard

Have you looked at paneGrid?