function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kulkarniykkulkarniyk 

Upload file through external webservice

Hi,

I want to get the file uploaded in visualforce page and pass this uploaded file to .Net web service for further processing outside saleforce. How can I collect the file in the VF page as byte array and pass it to external web service or else need to look at other options?

Thanks,

Yogesh

SRKSRK

How can I collect the file in the VF page as byte array and pass it to external web service

In place of that
By using visualfroce page upload the file into the salesforce & Pass the  Id of file into u r external web service & from u r external webservice using WSDL proviede by salefroce make query & fatch the file from salesfroce into your .Net application

if it won't answer u r question plz let me know i try to proivde a example code

kulkarniykkulkarniyk

Hi SRK,

Thanks for your inputs. We have a seperate document management system where we store all the documents and business needs the documents to be uploaded to same place. Now we want to pass the file from salesforce to webservice so that the webservice will place the file in DMS and put all authorization on the documents in DMS.

Do you have any idea on these lines?

Regards,

Yogesh

SRKSRK

Once u upload the file in salesfroce

U need to write a web service in .Net or Java then crate a WSDL out of it & then generate apex class from these WSDL in salesfroce
Then write a apex class in salesforce which invok these generated apex class & pass the fiel into u r WSDL

host u e .net web application in the same server where u host u r DMS & as Salesforce apex class pass the file into your web application handel the respose & save the file in u r DMS