function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VishnuRVishnuR 

Change Page Title on Visualforce pages

I am working on a project where there are both Salesforce and custom Visualforce pages. I want to know if it is possible to change the title of the page (<title></title>) that is displayed when i mouse over on the tab .  I want this either on Visualforce pages or on standard Salesforce pages.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

In Visualforce Pages: <apex:page title="YOURPAGETITLEHERE">

But you cannot see the title when you are in development mode. In development mode you can see that "Page Editor-PAGE NAME".

You can see that page title like "YOURPAGETITLEHERE - salesforce.com - YOUR EDITION"

In standard pages: When you create a object they ask for a prural name for object. platform use that prural name for page title.

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

All Answers

In Visualforce Pages: <apex:page title="YOURPAGETITLEHERE">

But you cannot see the title when you are in development mode. In development mode you can see that "Page Editor-PAGE NAME".

You can see that page title like "YOURPAGETITLEHERE - salesforce.com - YOUR EDITION"

In standard pages: When you create a object they ask for a prural name for object. platform use that prural name for page title.

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

This was selected as the best answer
VishnuRVishnuR

Thanks Chamil... it helped. 

But it  flickers for a moment when the page loads. Is it possible to avoid this.  

VishnuRVishnuR

Also it appends the standard salesforce tilte along with the new one. Is it possible to get rid of the salesforce one..

is it? I didn't get any flickers.

that's right. there is a standard title. It append with ours.

VishnuRVishnuR

sorry about that.. it is normal

VishnuRVishnuR

i mean the flickering is normal.. sorry about that. Thanks once again for your support

Aki99Aki99

Hi,

Thanks Chamil for the info that the title is not visible in development mode. I had tried the title attribute but was not getting expected output.

Also can we change the shorcut icon of the custom visualforce page from the default cloud image to any other image?

Thanks

P.TedP.Ted
Maybe this response is too late. But I hope it can help some one new like me.  
Ok, I got the same question, and I found the way to do it is: 
Company Profile --> Company Information--> . Change the information of field Organization Name. 

Seem it's used this field information for title.