function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DharshniDharshni 

Binding problem with apex:inputTextArea richText

Hi,

I have a VF page which has a inputTextArea which is richText. When I click a command button which has onclick, action and oncomplete, I have a problem in binding the value to the controller. The page works well in sandbox, but when moved to production, the binding doesn't happen. I am not able to get the richText's latest value in the controller. When the page is refreshed, the next time I click the button, I get the old value. So I can tell this must be a binding issue.

Strange since the same code works in sandbox, but not in production. I have given getter setter methods for the string used in the page. But still the problem persists. 

One more thing is, if the inputTextArea is normal, removing the 'richText=true' part, the code works properly in production also. 

I have checked the version settings and they are same in production and sandbox.

Can you please let me know how to resolve binding issues for richText inputs? 

(or)

Is there any other setting that could be missed here between production and sandbox? 

Thanks.

aballardaballard

What sandbox instance are you on (CSx.salesforce.com) ?   Most Sandboxes are on Summer 12, while production is still Spring 12.   Maybe this is a bug that has been fixed?