function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JskinJskin 

Issues with image on visualforce pdf

Hi,

We have an application we have built on our platform for managing our training business.  We use one object to produce a certificate for delegates after the course.  The certificate displays a signature and sometimes a logo dependant on the course.  We store these images in "Documents" which we make externally avaiblable and use the <apex:image> componenet to display.  This was working fine up until today.  Today for some reason none of the images will display in the pdfs.  I cannot see any changes to the code or the links we have been using - was there any changes made to the Salesforce platform last night which could effect this?  Has anyone else seen this issue?

The line of code we use is:

<apex:image height="1.3cm" url="https://eu1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015D0000001Fs3o&oid=00D200000000Evl" />

https://eu1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015D0000001Fs3o&oid=00D200000000Evl

I would approach support but I've be told in the past that with our service level they do not support VF.

Many Thanks.

Julie

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JskinJskin

Thanks for all your replies - it's now been fixed.  It was good to know that we weren't alone!

All Answers

Richie DRichie D

Hi Julie,

We are experiencing issues with pdf rendering, specifically applying styles to html elements. This started yesterday so would coincide with your issue. 

I would guess that SFDC have updated the PDF renderer which hasn't gone well...

I have a case logged so will wait to see what happens! I'll post if any useful info in any response.

Regards,

Rich.

FDC_CraigFDC_Craig

We are having simmilar issues, We have premier support and our case has been esculated to senior support for further investigation.

aballardaballard

Yes, there is currently an issue with rendering images in pdfs.  Salesforce support is aware of it and it should be fixed very soon. 

JskinJskin

Thanks for all your replies - it's now been fixed.  It was good to know that we weren't alone!

This was selected as the best answer