function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trictric 

Displaying website in the Iframe

Hi Friends, I want to create a tab on the customer portal and underneath I want to have iframe and in that I want to display website.Tab on the portal will not be an existing tab of salesforce .I want to create a new tab on the portal not that I want to expose existing tab such as account or contact from salesforce. What do u think is going to be the best way to do it.Any suggestions or inputs are most welcome. Thanks, Trick
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

A webtab will do exactly that.  You specify the URL that the tab should contain and it will be embedded into the page (assuming the web site allows this - google docs doesn't for example).  

Here's an example from my dev org - the BrightGen tab simply pulls through the BrightGen web site.  I can then interact with this web site as I would if I'd hit it directly.

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can create a VF page which contains that tab which you are looking for. Now you can add that page as default home page landing for your site (Create a site inside the CRM).

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You should use a web tab for this - that allows you to specify the URL that you wish to be included in the page without having to maintain a Visualforce page on top.

trictric
Thanks guys, I already have existing portal which is up and running and on this portal I will add another tab along with the rest of the standard salesforce tabs. For example,On the portal if we have tabs such as contact, cases etc.I will add another tab such as analysis and underneath this tab I want to open another website(This website has applications written in flash,basically I will be running flash applications in the website based on user interactions on the website and this website will run in the portal). I am thinking of doing it in visual force page and iframe and within Iframe run this website If I create webtab ,will that take care of the above problem,will that ensure that when somebody clicks on the tab ,underneath it he will see that website on the portal , Can you guys throw some more light on this?
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

A webtab will do exactly that.  You specify the URL that the tab should contain and it will be embedded into the page (assuming the web site allows this - google docs doesn't for example).  

Here's an example from my dev org - the BrightGen tab simply pulls through the BrightGen web site.  I can then interact with this web site as I would if I'd hit it directly.

This was selected as the best answer