function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trick.ax1374trick.ax1374 

Visualforce and Portal

Hi Friends,

My scenario is such that only when customer logs into the portal then tab on the portal should become visible.if he is not logged in then it should not become visible to the customer.   Any idea on how we can do this.Some attributes or something else.

Any info or any example on this is highly welcome.If u can point to any link which can help me in accomplisihing this will be great.

Thanks,

Trick

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

If the user is not logged in then they can't access the portal - the only option for unauthenticated access is a force.com site.  

What capabilities do you need the user to have prior to login?

trictric
Thanks Bob for answering it. I didn't develop this portal.Here,everybody calls it a portal ,It could well be sites.Here is the whole thing.This site or portal is publicly visible as a website to everybody.Anybody in the world can access. Here is what I want to accomplish, once a user logs into the portal then a tab should become visible to that user and underneath this tab a website will open.This tab should not be visible to the user unless a user is logged in the portal. Any help will be appreciated? Thanks,Trick
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can do this using force.com sites.  This allows unauthenticated access to data via a configurable guest profile.  You can then have users authenticate and access different content based on their authenticated profile.

trictric
Thanks Bob. What changes do I need to make to authenticated profile?.Any particular settings or any information which I need to change.Do I need to write any custom code such as classes etc? Do u have any link which can help me in accomplishing this. Thanks, Trick
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You will have to write some custom pages, as force.com sites requires visualforce.   

There's an intro wiki page at:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/An_Introduction_to_Force.com_Sites

trick.ax1374trick.ax1374

Hi Bob

Great,

Thanks for giving me right direction

Thanks,

Nitin Sharma