function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OSJMgrOSJMgr 

Unable to Select Visualforce Page When Creating Custom Button - Standardcontroller Included

This has been brought a hundred times before, but my problem must be unique.  I cannot see any of my visualforce pages in the Content drop down when I want to create a detail page custom button.  The page I am trying to select contains the standardcontroller of the SObject for which I am trying to create the button.

I can see my scontrols, but why can't I see my pages if they contain the correct standardcontroller?  Note, this is for a simple detail page button, not a list button.

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can access only those pages from standard or custom button that have a standard controller.

For example if you a want to add the custom button and open the Visualforce page on account object. When you are creating a custom button in content list only those vf pages will display that have a standard controller=”account”.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

OSJMgrOSJMgr

Ankit,

My visualforce page does contain the standardcontroler of the custom object from which I am trying to create the custom button.

The object I am trying to create the button for is named Inspection__c.

Here is my visualforce page code - page name DeficList

<apex:page sidebar="true" 
showheader="true" 
standardcontroller="Inspection__c" 
extensions="supissuesList" >

As you can see, I included the Inspection__c standardcontroller on the page.

Nilang PandeyNilang Pandey
Hi,
Did you get any solution for this? I am facing the same issue.