function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
naypers rtfnaypers rtf 

I can't see the values of a custom field in a pageBlockTable when I use the group edition

Is very simple, but I can't see the values of a custom field in a pageBlockTable when I use the group edition, I don't have problems when I use the developer edition. Anyone know why??

This is the problem

I'm using a pageBlockTable in a VF page, and I using a controller. The database is OK, I see the values there.

I hope someone can help me, thank you...

Starz26Starz26

Is the field on the page layout for Opportunity:

"Therefore, you should be sure to design your app to work for the Standard User profile at a minimum. Furthermore, these standard profiles are not editable, and field-level security is handled on the page layout. In other words, any fields you want to access to must be on the page layout or they will not be visible by the API or Visualforce"

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Designing_an_Application_for_Group_and_Professional_Edition

Naypers rttNaypers rtt

What do you mean when you say... "must be on the page layout" ?? ... if I'm using a VF page. I need to have this field in the layout of the object that I'm using too?

Do you refer to this layout: User - Setup - Customize - Opportunities - Page Layouts?

Starz26Starz26

Yes, it needs to be on the Opportunity page layout to be visible to the user as per the quoted comment above

Naypers rttNaypers rtt

And you also need to package the layout showing custom fields?

The Group edition (that is where I can't see the custom fields) doesn't have options to add or modify layouts. It does not matter?

Starz26Starz26

Sorry it is not working for you.

According to the Wiki, quoted again, it should:

Security Access in GE/PE

Both GE and PE do not support custom profiles. As a result, when a customer installs your app, they will not be able to define which profiles have access to what. Therefore, you should be sure to design your app to work for the Standard User profile at a minimum. Furthermore, these standard profiles are not editable, and field-level security is handled on the page layout. In other words, any fields you want to access to must be on the page layout or they will not be visible by the API or Visualforce.

For instance, if you've create a custom Visualforce page that displays a field, this field must be on the default page layout for it to appear in the Visualforce page. The same is true with API integration. You cannot read/write to a field that is not on the page layout in GE and PE.