function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kieran.osullivankieran.osullivan 

Site.com and Visual Force do they work together?

I am looking at site.com and while it all looks very good I am left with a simple question.  Can I create visual force pages with it and import them into my site created in salesforce "propper"?

If not then what is site.com all about?

All the tutorials tell me hwo to create pages with site.com but I don't see how to integrate my salesforce "propper" sites and objects with this tool.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can embed visualforce pages in a force.com site embedded in an iframe inside site.com, but you can't use visualforce directly in site.com pages as they are different technologies.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can embed visualforce pages in a force.com site embedded in an iframe inside site.com, but you can't use visualforce directly in site.com pages as they are different technologies.

This was selected as the best answer
kieran.osullivankieran.osullivan

Thank you for that so then what exactly is site.com for.  I think I will stick to my VFP's.

Thanks again.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Site.com is more around content management really.  It allows you to spin up a site without having to involve IT to configure web servers etc, and it allows content to be created and staged prior to publishing on the site.  While you can do a lot of this with Force.com sites, you need developers.  Site.com makes it a matter of configuration for administrators.

Koustubh KulkarniKoustubh Kulkarni
hello bob, can you please tell me how to embedd VF page in iframe tag.