function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WiseRabbitWiseRabbit 

I've never seen this exception before, any ideas what it is? Unknown object type Test_Object__c

I'm receiving the exception above when I embed a custom visual force component from a managed package in a visual force page.  In particular the VisualForce page has to be in a developer org that has a namespace associated with it. 

In the dev org I have a managed package installed which contains the FileIt custom component, I have a custom object that has the API name of dboxtestpck__Test_Object__c and I have a visualforce page that looks like this:

<apex:page standardController="Test_Object__c">
    <style> body { margin-left:0px !important ;margin-right:0px !important; } </style>
    <wbdbox:FileIt />
</apex:page>

This page displayed correctly until I made the dev org have a namespace; at that point I got this strange exception.

I am the developer of the custom component and I have striped this all the way back to the bare minimum to cause the error - all the component now has in it is a pageBlock (which interestingly seems in the stack trace to be the element that is being rendered when the exception is thrown)

I have also already raised a case for this, only to have it closed down as out of scope so please, no suggestions to raise one as I've already hit that brick wall!

Does anyone have any idea why I might be seeing this exception? It feels like it's something to do with the renderer for the pageBlock not knowing that it's in a namespace and therefore not being able to find the custom object, but this seems ridiculous. There must be a sensible reason for this error.

Thanks for your help...

Simon

This is the stack trace that I'm receiving...

Exception type: class core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException
Exception msg: Unknown object type Test_Object__c
Stack trace:
core.apexpages.exceptions.ApexPagesHandledException: Unknown object type Test_Object__c
at core.apexpages.components.framework.controller.AbstractStandardController.getEntityInfo(AbstractStandardController.java:1165)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.getPageEntityInfo(ApexComponentUtil.java:500)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexPageBlockComponent.getPageBlockMotif(ApexPageBlockComponent.java:297)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexPageBlockComponent.encodeBegin(ApexPageBlockComponent.java:89)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:934)
at javax.faces.render.Renderer.encodeChildren(Renderer.java:148)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:826)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.renderChild(ApexComponentUtil.java:2039)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.renderChildren(ApexComponentUtil.java:2026)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexScopeOwningComponent.encodeChildren(ApexScopeOwningComponent.java:112)
at core.apexpages.components.cdk.ApexPagesComponentComponent.access$1701(ApexPagesComponentComponent.java:58)
at core.apexpages.components.cdk.ApexPagesComponentComponent.encodeChildren(ApexPagesComponentComponent.java:473)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.renderChild(ApexComponentUtil.java:2039)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.util.ApexComponentUtil.renderChildren(ApexComponentUtil.java:2026)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexScopeOwningComponent.encodeChildren(ApexScopeOwningComponent.java:112)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexPagesPageComponent.encodeChildren(ApexPagesPageComponent.java:185)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:936)
at core.apexpages.components.ApexScopeOwningComponent.encodeAll(ApexScopeOwningComponent.java:134)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:942)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.ApexPagesAjaxViewRoot.encodeAll(ApexPagesAjaxViewRoot.java:74)
at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:565)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.ApexViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ApexViewHandlerImpl.java:252)
at org.ajax4jsf.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:100)
at org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java:176)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:110)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.phase(ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.java:161)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.render(ApexPagesLifecycleImpl.java:88)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet$1.call(ApexViewServlet.java:530)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet$1.call(ApexViewServlet.java:473)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.NamespaceRunner.run(NamespaceRunner.java:167)
at core.apexpages.components.framework.context.NamespaceRunner.runWithVersion(NamespaceRunner.java:129)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet.runLifecycle(ApexViewServlet.java:473)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewServlet.handlePage(ApexViewServlet.java:285)
at common.request.servlet.BaseApplicationServlet.serviceInternal(BaseApplicationServlet.java:123)
at common.request.servlet.BaseApplicationServlet.doService(BaseApplicationServlet.java:66)
at common.request.servlet.ProtectedHttpServlet.service(ProtectedHttpServlet.java:29)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:91)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:103)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:206)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(ApexViewXMLFilter.java:25)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:290)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:388)
at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:515)
at core.apexpages.framework.ApexViewFilter.doFilter(ApexViewFilter.java:26)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:87)
at system.filter.StatsOnlyFilter.doFilter(StatsOnlyFilter.java:105)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:87)
at system.filter.PostGzipFilter.doFilter(PostGzipFilter.java:30)
at com.caucho.filters.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:151)
at klein.GzipFilterProxy.doFilter(GzipFilterProxy.java:22)
at system.filter.SharedGzipFilter.doFilter(SharedGzipFilter.java:28)
at security.services.CookieCatalogFilter.doFilter(CookieCatalogFilter.java:70)
at system.filter.ChromeFrameFilter.doFilter(ChromeFrameFilter.java:75)
at system.filter.SeparateDomainRedirectFilterBase.doFilter(SeparateDomainRedirectFilterBase.java:98)
at system.filter.SeparateDomainRedirectFilterBase.doFilter(SeparateDomainRedirectFilterBase.java:98)
at core.dns.filter.CustomDomainMappingFilter.doFilter(CustomDomainMappingFilter.java:168)
at core.dns.filter.SiteRedirectMappingFilter.doFilter(SiteRedirectMappingFilter.java:138)
at core.dns.filter.BandwidthMeterFilter.doFilter(BandwidthMeterFilter.java:99)
at system.filter.OrgDomainFilter.doFilter(OrgDomainFilter.java:58)
at system.filter.BasePreGzipFilter.doFilter(BasePreGzipFilter.java:122)
at system.filter.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.java:154)
at system.filter.XssFilter.doFilter(XssFilter.java:168)
at system.filter.ModifiableParameterFilter.doFilter(ModifiableParameterFilter.java:30)
at system.filter.RequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(RequestEncodingFilter.java:64)
at system.filter.InstanceRedirectFilter.doFilter(InstanceRedirectFilter.java:770)
at routing.filter.RemoteAddrFilterBase.doFilter(RemoteAddrFilterBase.java:70)
at system.filter.LegacyJSPFilter.doFilter(LegacyJSPFilter.java:206)
at core.dns.filter.SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.requestIsNotForSites(SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.java:157)
at core.dns.filter.SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.doFilterInternal(SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.java:281)
at core.dns.filter.SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.doFilter(SitesRuntimeForwardingFilter.java:195)
at routing.filter.LoadBalancerFilter.doFilter(LoadBalancerFilter.java:62)
at routing.loadbalancer.SfdcLoadBalancerFilter.doFilter(SfdcLoadBalancerFilter.java:52)
at common.util.database.ZeroDowntimeSpinModeFilter.doFilter(ZeroDowntimeSpinModeFilter.java:57)
at system.orgdomain.OrgDomainLoadBalancerFilter.doFilter(OrgDomainLoadBalancerFilter.java:82)
at system.context.ContextReleaseFilter.doFilter(ContextReleaseFilter.java:71)
at lib.logging.context.RequestIdFilter.doFilter(RequestIdFilter.java:24)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:187)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:266)
at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:272)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:704)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:721)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool$Item.run(ThreadPool.java:643)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Client headers:
Host=dboxtestpck.na9.visual.force.com
Connection=keep-alive
User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5
Accept=text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding=gzip,deflate,sdch
Accept-Language=en-US,en;q=0.8
Accept-Charset=ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3
Cookie=oinfo=c3RhdHVzPURFTU8mdHlwZT0yJm9pZD0wMEQzMDAwMDAwMG1WS04=; umps_clientId=749922-005E0000000ieYw; appexchange_recentAppIds=a0N30000003HUS1EAO#a0N30000007pS5hEAE; autocomplete=1; webact=%7B%22l_vdays%22%3A-1%2C%22l_visit%22%3A1340615038000%2C%22session%22%3A1340620399839%2C%22l_search%22%3A%22%22%2C%22l_dtype%22%3A%22External%20Websites%22%2C%22l_page%22%3A%22APPX%3Aus%3Asetupmodule%22%2C%22counter%22%3A1%2C%22pv%22%3A1%2C%22f_visit%22%3A1340613358942%2C%22version%22%3A%22w172.1%22%2C%22customer%22%3A1340613358942%7D; sid=00DE0000000ZGlY!ARsAQGy0SLS8Kohv2XjIBwIU0LarvOYiZiRdRZGpkXN8EYhN0mW4HcWSssiRIRsG.tVoDZUm0Y0chOHRnCJvWkdiTcMqSkrF; sid_Client=0000000ieYw0000000ZGlY; clientsrc=86.143.131.166; inst=APPE; RSID=xt3K7sJc075py04nfK_WdDuAB7KL.1yHfmP4YHpXkUzNGSXzyMN8LmWJ2OFwCr7w.9vrqyPZBoaddJe5tqX0j8SltV.kYqpDP1xaISSew2FNPkOzk_QDTe71_aVnDRoednfLRPYgkXJNsZFoiCWj7jm1JyyKnToSBikNW4NMHjlaVzdP5r1nM5fe0obpbXzwPvN7Sph0ggJnc.mHOktbPg==
CipherSuite=RC4-MD5 TLSv1 128-bits
X-Salesforce-SIP=86.143.131.166
X-Salesforce-Forwarded-To=na9.salesforce.com

Parameters:

RustanRustan

<apex:page standardController="dboxtestpck__Test_Object__c" >

Try this

WiseRabbitWiseRabbit

Yeah, I thought about this one too.

And I tried it over and over but SF strips out the namespace when it saves the page.

WiseRabbitWiseRabbit

Interestingly adding the tabStyle attribute to the page fixes this issue - or at least works around it. This means that the working page looks like this.

<apex:page standardController="Test_Object__c" tabStyle="Test_Object__c">
    <style> body { margin-left:0px !important ;margin-right:0px !important; } </style>
    <wbdbox:FileIt />
</apex:page>

I'm surprised by this. Surely I shouldn't have to explicitly set the tabStyle, I never have on any other pages. Is this a bug? 

dcakin1.3925125984810435E12dcakin1.3925125984810435E12
I faced the same problem and your tabStyle suggestion worked. I think this is a bug. Based on the description of the tabStyle attribute in the document:

"If a standard controller is specified, this defaults to the style of the associated controller; if a custom controller is defined, this defaults to the Home tab (if a custom controller)."

The default logic must be getting confused with the namespaces somehow when a namespaced component is used inside the page. I guess you have to always specify a tabStyle and not rely on the "defaults".