function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EIE50EIE50 

Add custom button to Task: Send an Email

Hi,

I am trying to insert a custom button to the below standard page layout. I dont know where should i do this? Can any one please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

STest123STest123

for this you will have to follow these steps which is :-
1. goto App Setup-> Customize->Activities -> Task Buttons and Links.
2.in " Custom Buttons and Links " Section click on "New" Button.
3. Enter "Label" and "Name" of the button, click on " Detail Page Button " and after fill al field click on "Save ".
4. Now click on "Task Page Layouts" which comes under App Setup-> Customize->Activities ->.
5. Click "Edit" then in "Task Layout" Select your custom button and drag in your page.
6. After this click on "Save" Button".

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I did this already but this is not what i wanted. I dint want to add any custom button on the task detail page. Please see my screen shot. Its the standard email page where i want to add a custom button. In our app, its basically all email would be listed under tassks and when some one clicks on the subject on any one of the email, the standard email page opens up and this is where i would like to add a button. I going in circles to figure out how to do it.

Anyone with other suggestions/ solutions please?

Thanks.