function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JBabuJBabu 

How to go back to previous page??

Hi,

I have created a button on a custom object  called "PERFORMACTION". (I went to the list view  of Search layouts and added a custom button for a custom object)

Once I click on "Go" on the custom object I will get the "PERFORMACTION" button.Then my logic goes.

Once the process happens there I want to return back to previous page where I clicked "PERFORMACTION" button.

(I tried the below code

" <apex:page action="{!URLFOR($Action.Equip__c.List, $ObjectType.Equip__c)}"/> "  

but it goes only to the custom object's home page, I need automatically go to the next page. I mean the page after clicking "Go" button on the custom object page)

Please let me know how to do this?

Thanks,

JBabu.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JBabuJBabu

I got it, by using the below piece...

PageReference returnPage = new PageReference(ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('retURL'));  

All Answers

b-Forceb-Force

create pagereference of your next page and return to this pageReference object

Thanks,

bForce

JBabuJBabu

Hi,

PageReference page = new Pagereference('a0M?fcf=00BM0000000M9ly');  

I already thought of that one too, but the id values will be different in different orgs.

Is there any other way??

Thanks,

JBabu.

JBabuJBabu

I got it, by using the below piece...

PageReference returnPage = new PageReference(ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('retURL'));  

This was selected as the best answer
Sure@DreamSure@Dream

Hi using commandlink, i am opening a new window from a vf page.

After performing some operations in the child window. I am closing that window using a commandbutton.

On closing the child window, i want to refresh the parent window.

I have tried in the way that is mentioned in this post, but its throwing an error,

"Unknown Property 'StandardController.CurrentPage'".

Pls help me with this.

Thanks,