function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
btran3btran3 

Require task type

I would like to make it required to have a "type" when someone clicks "new task" or "log a call" under the activity level.  I was told by Salesforce that since this is a standard field you can not make it required and you can't create custom fields under "activity".  So is there anyone that can somehow program this for me?  Thanks in advance!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Starz26Starz26

You could add a validation rule:

AND( ISNEW() , ISBLANK( TEXT(Type) ))

All Answers

Starz26Starz26

You could add a validation rule:

AND( ISNEW() , ISBLANK( TEXT(Type) ))

This was selected as the best answer
btran3btran3
Would I write that into the validation rules under Activities>Task Validation Rules? Also, how would I do this for "log a call" under "Activity history"? Thanks for the help! -- Bennett Tran Marketing Intern P 866.221.1870 x306 F 866.225.0057 E bennett@webpt.com T twitter.com/webpt *PLEASE NOTE: The materials in this email are CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE, and may contain protected healthcare information. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.*
btran3btran3

Hey I am really stumped here.  I put that formula in and went through the logic of it.  From what I can see this rule should work but when I make a "new task" in either the opportunity or account level it does not tigger the rule.  Can you please further assist me?  Thanks!