function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dwright01dwright01 

Formula in <apex:column> Value= gets error "Missing ')'" when I try to save it

The following works:

<apex:column headerValue="Opportunity Id">{!CASESAFEID(op.Id)}</apex:column>

But if I replace the above with the one-liner below, where I specify the value in the value= field of the apex:column, it fails to save with the error:

Syntax error: Missing ')'

<apex:column headerValue="Opportunity Id" value="{!CASESAFEID(op.Id)}" />

That seems wierd, there is no missing or mismatched paren there.  I cannot seem to modify the line to get it to save.  I can also reproduce the error with other formula expressions, it is not specific to CASESAFEID.   Is this a bug?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JHayes SDJHayes SD

I was able to recreate the error.  Looks like this has been a known issue for a little while.  See this post:  http://forums.sforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/VF-Syntax-problem-bug/td-p/258343#M33582

Regards, jh

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Replace ‘()’ with ‘[]’.

Try the below code snippet as reference:

<apex:column headerValue="Opportunity Id" value="{!CASESAFEID[op.Id]}" />

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

dwright01dwright01

Sorry, this did not fix the problem.

If I make that change, it says:  Error: Unknown property 'YourController.CASESAFEID'

JHayes SDJHayes SD

I was able to recreate the error.  Looks like this has been a known issue for a little while.  See this post:  http://forums.sforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/VF-Syntax-problem-bug/td-p/258343#M33582

Regards, jh

This was selected as the best answer
dwright01dwright01

Excellent, I'll just use the workaround.  Thanks for finding that original bug posting, for some reason I could not find it myself.