function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FinnArildFluidoFinnArildFluido 

Live Agent post-chat forms that store value to transcript

This should not be confused with my previous message related to the pre-chat form.

In the post chat form of Live Agent, the developer documentation provides an example of how to spit out some values about the chat (like that would be even remotely interesting to the customer) and at the end there's the fantastically unhelpful comment: <!-- Implement your post-chat message, form, or survey here -->

Nowhere does it say how I can get hold of the transcript object to store the values. I just want to implement a simple customer satisfaction form in the post-chat.

Does anyone have any pointers or examples of how this can be accomplished? 

Thanks, Finn Arild.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

Ok so I figured a way to do it. Well - not actually to do it, but to make a survey and connect it to the transcript.

In the post-chat form, the problem is of course that the transcript is yet not saved so the transcript ID does not exist yet. Neither is there any way to save stuff from the postchat into the transcript (for some weird reason, since that is possible from prechat - but never mind that for now). So if we want to create a survey, we need to gather information about that survey into an other object and then hook it up to the transcript later. How? Well - we actually have one unique identificator for the transcript, and that is StartTime. That is a variable that is available in the post-chat form and that we can store with our survey. Then it is just a matter of triggers to connect the survey with the transcript either when the transcript is saved or the survey is saved - whichever comes first.

All Answers

Sami CohenSami Cohen

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you move forward with this?

thank you.

Mark VermaatMark Vermaat

I too am having the same issue with trying to get a post-chat form to save to the transcript.  Just wondering if you have made any progress on this?

Ok so I figured a way to do it. Well - not actually to do it, but to make a survey and connect it to the transcript.

In the post-chat form, the problem is of course that the transcript is yet not saved so the transcript ID does not exist yet. Neither is there any way to save stuff from the postchat into the transcript (for some weird reason, since that is possible from prechat - but never mind that for now). So if we want to create a survey, we need to gather information about that survey into an other object and then hook it up to the transcript later. How? Well - we actually have one unique identificator for the transcript, and that is StartTime. That is a variable that is available in the post-chat form and that we can store with our survey. Then it is just a matter of triggers to connect the survey with the transcript either when the transcript is saved or the survey is saved - whichever comes first.

This was selected as the best answer
FxFishFxFish

Hi, FinnArildFluido!

Could you share sample of the post-chat form code?

sylar20sylar20
Live Agent Post chat Survey is saved along with Live Agent Chat Transcript Start Time. I tried to map the survey to transcript using Start Time but still facing problem to map them.

Is there any other way to map Post Chat survey to Live Agent Chat Transcript ????
Prashanth Kumar Singh Poorna SinghPrashanth Kumar Singh Poorna Singh
Hello ,

I am working on the same issue of saving the Post Chat Survery Questions to the Live chat Transcript. KIndly providesome sample code on how to save Chat Key or any value from Post -Chat page to Custom Object created.