function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MarosMaros 

Apex:detail with defined page layout

Is possible use apex:detail with different page layout? Because now is shown page layout which is assignment to record type and I want have some related lists, fields on my custom Visual force page and all on standard page of object.

I know that I can use fields and apex:relatedList, but I am searching for the simplest solution, which can customer manage (without edit of code he can not add other relatedList)

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
I'm afraid not - there's no way to influence the page layout. There doesn't appear to be anything on the idea exchange for this, so you might want to create one and start gathering votes.
MarosMaros
Ok, thank you, I created Idea for it, please vote https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?id=08730000000kdvaAAA

Thank you
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Duly voted.

Lucas MorganLucas Morgan
Does this mean that the layout for an object shown via the <apex:detail> tag is determined by Page Layout Assignments? Or will it always display in the default layout?
tobibeertobibeer
Just tried exactly the same and noticed it's still not there, despite the much increased modeling flexibility this would bring. Please help push this topic.