function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lrw7572lrw7572 

Action status stop text showing on page load

I am trying to add a simple action status to my page and call it from a button, but the stop text is always visable as soon as the page loads.Even when the id attribute is not specified, the stop text renders. I don't know what is calling it or how it is being called.

I've tried nesting it in an action region, nesting it and the button in the same action region, using the "for" attribute to reference the action region around the button, and removing action regions altogether. I tried nesting it in pageblocks, pageBlocksections, and i've removed it from any pageblock at all. I've tried using a facet instead of "stopText" attribute and still that text shows up. Has anybody experienced this? How do I fix it???

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma
Search for the stoptext, It might happen that you have used the text of stoptext else where in your page.
The start or stopText of actionStatus is only visible when the respective action is performed.
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Actually, stopText is displayed whenever no AJAX action is being performed. Do not use stopText if you do not want anything to appear.

lrw7572lrw7572

Thanks for your reply sfdcfox. Salesforce documentation says that stopText is "The status text displayed when an AJAX request completes," implying that it won't show if an AJAX request has not been made. Am I just interpreting it incorrectly?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

I'm familiar with that passage of text. Regrettably, the text does not fully outline the actual effect that it has; as I stated previously, it actually shows the stopText any time a Visualforce initiated AJAX request is not executing.

lrw757lrw757

Thanks for clarifying sfdcfox.