function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner 

" Object type not accessible. Please check permissions" using recordSetvar in VF page

I have a very simple VF page I built from an example I found elsewhere on this forum.  The source is shown below.  It it does is allow the user to select a view and see the name field for a bunch of records.  When certain filters are selected, I get the error --

system.security.NoAccessException: Object type not accessible. Please check permissions and make sure the object is not in development mode: = 'Jane Doe'))) ORDER BY scheduler_project_notes__c ASC LIMIT ^ ERROR at Row:2:Column:54 field 'scheduler_project_notes__c' can not be sorted in a query call

I'm running as a System Administrator login so I don't see why there should be a permissions problem.  The object is marked as "deployed" (Does that means it's not in development mode?  The text string in quotes is one of the values in the filter conditions.   The custom field scheduler_project_notes__c is a long text area(32000).  I'm not asking for it in the PageBlockTable.

<apex:page standardController="MyCustomObject__c" recordSetvar="srfs">

<apex:pageBlock title="Viewing MCOs">

<apex:form id="theForm">

<apex:panelGrid columns="2">
      <apex:outputLabel value="View:"/>
      <apex:selectList value="{!filterId}" size="1">
        <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="list"/>
        <apex:selectOptions value="{!listviewoptions}"/>
      </apex:selectList>
    </apex:panelGrid>

<apex:pageBlockSection >
      <apex:pageBlockTable var="entry" value="{!srfs}" id="list">
        <apex:column value="{!entry.name}"/> 
      </apex:pageBLockTable>
    </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:form> 
  </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:page

Ken KoellnerKen Koellner

The long text area field wasn't on the page but it was in a couple (but not all) of the views.  When I took it out of one, I no longer got the error when switching to that view.

I'm wondering if there's some workaround to get this functionality where I filter by selected view but still can get the page to work.  I don't care if I have to write a controller extension or custom controller.

SammyComesHereSammyComesHere

You cannot use oder by on text area or long text area