function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdrielleSFDCAdrielleSFDC 

Use custom tab to replace Home default landing tab

I want to replace the Home tab with our Leaderboard tab for all my user in a single profile. I know this is visualforce, and I just want to get the best step-by-step guide on building this. I found this simular post, will these direction accomplish resetting the home tab to the leaderboard tab?

"

Super Contributor

Re: Default Landing Tab [ New ]

Create a VF page called "New Checklist Record" which has nothing in it but a redirect to the Edit for that object.  One line should do the job.

<apex:page action="{!urlfor($Action.Checklist__c.New)}"/>      

Then set up a VisualForce Tab Setup -> create -> tabs and scroll down.  for that one line VF page.

Then use that as the default Landing Tab for the default App.

Best, Steve.

p.s. Note that this isn't foolproof.  If people want to get around it they can easily just specify a different starting page for their login for example:"

Thanks!!!

Update - I created an app, pulled everything over there and then made my leaderboard the landing tab. :) thanks for the help. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ryanjuptonryanjupton

As far as I know you can't replace the home page tab but you can control what is placed in the tab. Try this:

1.) Goto Setup->Customize-Home->Home Page Components

2.) Click New under Custom Components

3.) Click Next

4.) Give it a name, select HTML Area and click Next

5.) In the Formatting code section on the far right hand side click the Show HTML box

6.) In the body of Formatting code place 

<iframe src="<full path to your page>"></iframe>

note: you may have to adjust the frame size to get it to look right for you

7.) Click save

8.) Goto Setup->Customize-Home->Home Page Layouts, click New, give it a name and Save

9.) Under Select Wide Components to Show choose your new component ad click Next

10.)  Make sure your component is the only one selected in Wide(Right) Column on the next page and click save.

11.) You'll now be back on the Home Page Layouts screen. Click Page Layout Assignment and add the layout to the users whos home page you want to modify.

It's kind of a hack but the users will now only see their Chatter feed (if enabled) and the page you just added (your leaderboard page) if you've followed the steps correctly above. Of course the page will show the sidebar and header if you haven't disabled them on your custom page so keep that in mind.