function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MTBRiderMTBRider 

Inline Edit Support with no inLineEditSupport?

Two things....

First, is inline edit support on VF pages by default?   The reason I ask is because I had inlineEditSupport tags on a VF page that I built.  I was having trouble getting an actionsupport to work.  As part of debugging that, I removed all of the inlineEditSupport tags on the page thinking that they might be the issue.  When I tried the page with all of the inlineEditSupport tags removed, I was still able to do inline editing.  What gives?

As for why the actionSupport not working, I cannot figure that out.   Here is the relevent part of the page:

<!-- The Opportunity Information Section -->
      	<apex:actionRegion > 	<!-- This action region sets the prob % when the stage is changed -->
        	<apex:pageBlockSection collapsible="false" columns="2" id="pbsOppInfo">
        		<apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Opportunity.FieldSets.Opportunity_Information}" var="f">
            		<apex:outputField value="{!showFieldSet[f]}">
           				<apex:inlineEditSupport disabled="{!IF(f.Label = 'Name' || CONTAINS(f.Label,'Probability'), true, false)}" showOnEdit="sBtn, cBtn" hideOnEdit="eBtn, dBtn" event="ondblClick" changedStyleClass="inline_edit_color" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>
               			<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!getprobPercentage}" rerender="pbsOppInfo" disabled="{!IF(f.Label != 'Stage', true, false)}" />
                	</apex:outputField>
                </apex:repeat>
				<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
	        		<apex:outputLabel value="  "/>
	        		<apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.ChangeOwner,Opportunity.Id)}">[Change Owner]</apex:outputLink>
				</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
			</apex:pageBlockSection>
		</apex:actionRegion>
       		<!--  -->

The thing is that the identical actionSupport works on the edit page that I built, just not this view page.  The only difference between the two pages are the use of outputfields and the inlineEditSupport.  Does anyone know if ActionSupport does not work right when it is a child of a outputfield that also has a child inlineEditSupport?

Thanks

MTBRiderMTBRider

I found why the in line editing was still happening (the first issue in my post).  It was because in the pageblock tag I still had mode="inlineEdit" 

once I took that out there was not inline editing on the page.

The second issue I did not resolve.

csteddy1csteddy1

Did you ever resolve this? I have a very similar problem that has outwitted me for hours...

MTBRiderMTBRider

I could not get the actionsupport to work consistently across the edit page and the view page that I built so I just dropped using actionsupport in both screens.  For my situation, I was just trying to set the probability % based on the sale stage that the user picked.  Instead of doing that in realtime with actionsupport, which would have been nice, I just decide to do it in the trigger when the user saves the record.  So the user will see the probaility on the screen after a save and the screen refreshes.