function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DahveedDahveed 

Visualforce email template for new user template in customer portal

I am creating a visualforce email template. How do I know which object salesforce looks at when sending the "New User Template" via the customer portal?  What sobjects go into

1. recipientType

2. relatedToType

I know it's user or contact or both however if it is both it's not working. What I am trying to do is set the language based on the LanguageLocaleKey field on the User object by either using

language="{!recipient.LanguageLocaleKey}"

or

language="{!relatedToType.LanguageLocaleKey}"

but it's not working. I have to create a new portal user evertime I test this so I was hoping someone could help.  I am not finding much documentation when it comes to salesforce automatic emails which go out. 

Also does it use the email address from the User object or the contact object?

Thanks,

Dahveed

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DahveedDahveed

Apparently I need premium support for salesforce to tell me which objects and fields they decided to use in their new user template on the customer portal, so they won't tell me. Does anyone else think the amount you have to customize the customer portal to make it remotely usable in a real business versus how expensive it is, make it not very cost effective? Now I can't even get basic support for it and have to pay more even money.

All Answers

DahveedDahveed

Apparently I need premium support for salesforce to tell me which objects and fields they decided to use in their new user template on the customer portal, so they won't tell me. Does anyone else think the amount you have to customize the customer portal to make it remotely usable in a real business versus how expensive it is, make it not very cost effective? Now I can't even get basic support for it and have to pay more even money.

This was selected as the best answer
jls_74_txjls_74_tx

I started out using Customer Portals in 2010 but over time I have now migrated to Sites instead.  Sites are free and in my opinion easier to customize with VisualForce.