function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WEN JIEWEN JIE 

How can I get only one record from apex:repeat

Hi, 

I use <apex:repeat> in my visualforce email template. And the value for this tag is a list. But actually, I just only want to get one record from this list, maybe first one or last one.

So, does anyone know how to achieve this?

Thank you!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

There are a couple of attributes on the repeat tag that should help:

(1) rows - specifies the maximum number of rows to output - so if you set it to 1, you will just get the first

(2) first - this specifies the row to start at, so if you set it to the number of rows - 1, you will just get the last.  Of course, you need a way to know how many are in the repeat in the first place.

However, it might be easier to have a controller method that returns the record that you need to process.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

There are a couple of attributes on the repeat tag that should help:

(1) rows - specifies the maximum number of rows to output - so if you set it to 1, you will just get the first

(2) first - this specifies the row to start at, so if you set it to the number of rows - 1, you will just get the last.  Of course, you need a way to know how many are in the repeat in the first place.

However, it might be easier to have a controller method that returns the record that you need to process.

This was selected as the best answer
WEN JIEWEN JIE
Hi,

Thank you!
WEN JIEWEN JIE

Hi,

One more thing about vf email template.

I create a component before. In my component controller I need a record id to query detial info for one record. So I add an attribute in this component.

Then I add this component in my emailTemplate's <message:attachment> renderas as  PDF file. And give an id for this component.({!relatedTo.Id}).

I test this in one production environment(P A). And it works well. The controller can get the id which I set in attribute.

But when I run this function on another production environment (P B) I get the following message:

List has no rows for assignment to SObject: []

I think the controller didn't get the reocrd id then can't finish the query SOQL.

But I don't know why the same code in P A works well but in P B can't work.

The P A is a free instance.

The P B is our production environment and we buy many system license. Except this, I can't find anyother differences.

Thank you!

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

What type of record is this?  Free licenses don't have access to a lot of the standard objects.

WEN JIEWEN JIE

Hi,

I check the license but not free license, we try another way to achieve our requirement. And I will do some further research with previous way.

Thanks for your help!