function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
a!a! 

Keep Oppo Owner name same in accounts when changing account owner name through mass transfer records

Hi All,

i have a requirement like this,   mass transfer of account owner names  with filters,  and keep the opportunity owner name same as old opportunity owner name.

when am doing mass transfer records, transfering account owner names, transfers all  account owner names to new owner, here my requirement is i need opportunity owner name does't change. 

Please guide me, 

thanking you in advance

raseshtcsraseshtcs
How are you going to the do the mass transfer. DataLoader or some VF page which allows the user to select the accounts to transfer?
a!a!

I think,we cann't update Owner id(system field) through data loader.

raseshtcsraseshtcs
yes we can update the owner and if you are using data loader then take a export of opportunity id and owner id from opportunity, then do your thing with the accounts and then update the opportunity owners again.
In you are using the VF page, then you can do the same thing there as well, keep a map of the oppid and ownerid before updating accounts, and then use the map above to update the opportunity owner again within the same method in your class.