function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anvesh@force.comanvesh@force.com 

please any one tell the process of moving app sandbox to producction?

please any one tell the process of moving app sandbox to producction?  and how to create sandbox and production and change sets ?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
spatel_cespatel_ce

The way, I follow to migrate app from Sandbox to Production is using "Change Set".

Before using change-set, you need to make some authorization changes in your Production environment.

In Production: Quick Search -> Deploy -> Deployment Connection -> Click Checkbox for "Allow Inbound Changes"

Now, go to your Sandbox: Quick Search -> Deploy -> Outbound Change sets -> New -> Add meaningful name -> Save.

On Next appearing screen: Change Set Components -> Add -> Component Type: Select component(s) and hit "Add to Change Set"  (Select all components belong to your app, including your app) Just imaging that you're moving out and collecting all your belonging stuffs.

After completion, click on Upload button and Salesforce will send you an email about upload. Usually it displays 30 minutes to complete upload, but it depends on size and total number of components.

Now, go to your Production: Quick search -> Deploy -> Inbound Change Sets -> You will see your uploaded Change Set from Sandbox, select it -> (I recommand to validate first) -> Deploy.

-Sawan

Hit the Kudos button if any post helps you - Mark the answer as solution, It might help others running to into similar problem in future.

All Answers

Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma

Refer this post where similar question is asked. Also go through this one.

spatel_cespatel_ce

The way, I follow to migrate app from Sandbox to Production is using "Change Set".

Before using change-set, you need to make some authorization changes in your Production environment.

In Production: Quick Search -> Deploy -> Deployment Connection -> Click Checkbox for "Allow Inbound Changes"

Now, go to your Sandbox: Quick Search -> Deploy -> Outbound Change sets -> New -> Add meaningful name -> Save.

On Next appearing screen: Change Set Components -> Add -> Component Type: Select component(s) and hit "Add to Change Set"  (Select all components belong to your app, including your app) Just imaging that you're moving out and collecting all your belonging stuffs.

After completion, click on Upload button and Salesforce will send you an email about upload. Usually it displays 30 minutes to complete upload, but it depends on size and total number of components.

Now, go to your Production: Quick search -> Deploy -> Inbound Change Sets -> You will see your uploaded Change Set from Sandbox, select it -> (I recommand to validate first) -> Deploy.

-Sawan

Hit the Kudos button if any post helps you - Mark the answer as solution, It might help others running to into similar problem in future.

This was selected as the best answer
Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma
Nicely explained Sawan, Keep it up!!