function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
khanmankhanman 

VF component help

Hello, I'm new to developing VF pages and would love some help if anyone can spare a moment.  I'm not asking for anyone to do the work (unless you really really want to) but I would like to learn.

I've go though the the VF workbook and found it very helpful.  so here's my business case that I need help with.

has anyone ever made a custom controller to pull in all the related opportunities to the parent account of an opportunity?

the use case is simple:  we have multiple business lines and want to give the business lines better visiblity into all the opportunities for that customer without having to search and look for other opportunties

On the opportunity page layout 

-list all the related opportunity records that are on the parent

account (list view)

-display the Opp Name,Stage, owner, last activity fields for each opportunities

-opportunity name should be listed and it would be a

hyperlink to that opportunity.

furthermore, the compent will have tabs at the top

-1st tab will be 'Opp Summary' and display the infomation on the request above

-the addition tabs will be however many related opportunities their are and be labeled 'Opp1 Detail', 'Opp2 Detail' etc

-on each Opp Detail page we would like more fields in addition to the feilds on the Opp sumamry for that opp.  but I can put those fields on there

thank you very much in advance... 

thx

Jim

Hengky IlawanHengky Ilawan

Hi Jim,

You can create a VF page using standard controller and an extension. In your extension class, select the opportunities belong to the parent account and display them using a pageBlockTable or dataTable tag, then put this VF page on your opportunity layout.

To display them in a tab, simply use <apex:tabPanel> and <apex:tab>.

-Hengky-