function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TeachMeTeachMe 

Saving information from Embedded VisualForce Page

Hi, ( I am a novice here) First of all Thanks SF for such a vast help on web.

My Problem:

I have embedded a Visualforce page which basically is used to take inputs from a superuser and creates apex output links. The problem I face now is I want to save these links as part of the info in the tab ( account) I am on. I tried override save - but seems i am missing something 1. I dont want to navigate to another page so pagereference is not what i would go for. 2. My visualforce page creates apex:outputlinks via Javascript and i have no way to attach these to the account fields that would let me update Account on save.

Need:

What I really am trying to do here is as follows: I login and create a link or two in accounts:VF Page and save the links on the page. So that upon refresh i see my links intact.

I have been trying to figure out how to save this bit but to no avail.

Please guide me.

Any pointers and help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff MayJeff May

How about adding a method In your controller class that returns a PageReference, but return null.  This will leave you on the page that called the method.  In your VF code, add 'id' to your PageBlock (or whatever you're using) and add the reRender="" to the commandButton.

TeachMeTeachMe

Thanks Jeff for the reply.

I have implememnted the same as you suggested it works partially.

Now on save i stay on my embedded page but nothing gets saved.

I understand that  I have to make changes to my method  to save my links but I am lost as I am creating these links from Javascript code as "apex:outputlinks" and displaying on the VF page.

Please let me know what i should do save the links.

Thanks

TeachMeTeachMe

Please let me know if it is even possible or if I need to make more changes wrt not embedding the VF page etc

I want to supply value to apex:outputlink via JavaScript and make standard object retain the values on save or any custom method.

Waiting for pointers.

Thanks and Regards.