function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DJP1SDJP1S 

Using Visualforce to represent Map<sObject, List<sObject>>

I've got myself a map like the following.

Map<Page1Task__c, List<Note__c>> this.taskNotes = new Map <Page1Task__c, List<Note__c>>();

I'd like to represent one Page1Task and a few fields, followed by all of its notes and repeat for each PageTask sObject on a visualforce page. 

I found something similar to this, but I this won't work since I need to just iterate through each one and display it. Here's where I'm at now...

<apex:pageBlockTable id="results" value="{!taskNotes}" var="t" cellPadding="4" border="1">
        <apex:repeat value="{!taskNotes[t]}" var="n">
              <apex:column >
              </apex:column> 
        </apex:repeat> 
</apex:pageBlockTable>

sf_evolutionsf_evolution

Can you display the List of notes as a selectlist?

if so, you can write code in controller to build a selectlist and have your VF page display that.... even having something like 4-5 lines displayed, and ignoring whatever line is selected.

...Just throwing something out there.

DJP1SDJP1S

Here's what I ended up learning over the past week and made a visually-appealing VIsualforce application for my organization...

I used a wrapper class a la JimRae's excellent reply to this thread: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Visual-Force-Page-using-Wrapper-Class-to-nest-multiple-objects/m-p/243139/highlight/true#M32003

I was able to embed a pageblock table for my child object within a dataTable and make some buttons that apply to some reresh/save functions.