function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Thomas MilasThomas Milas 

Adding Multiple Objects with related lists in different sections

I'm trying to setup a visual force page. it will have mutiple different blocks on the page that will summarize what is going on in different areas of the app. We don't want it to be one of these pages I ahve to scroll for miles so there will be a 3 blocks on the left and 3 blocks on the right.

What's the best method to accomplish this?

Should I have a main page that lays out the blocks and then Visual force pages embedded into the different blocks?

How can I display a list of items in an object and it's related list. For instance. Ob1 is the main object and rel1 is it's related list.

Ob1 - 001

Rel1 - 001

Rel1 - 002

Ob1 - 002

Ob1-  003

Rel1 - 003

Rel1 - 004

Rel1 - 005

I'd like links to them also.

Can you help?

Thomas MilasThomas Milas

Bump

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

I understand that you wish to have each object in one page block section with its related list. As per standard design related lists are page wise not page block or section wise. So we can not have related lists within the page block or sections. Would suggest you to relate the objects and in the related onject's detail page you would be able to see the related records of other object. In a visual force page you can fetch different fields from different objects. Please let me know if i am misunderstanding your requirement, so that i would be able to suggest you better.

Please let me know if you have any questions.