function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kiwitrotterkiwitrotter 

Visualforce: Inline editing for checkboxes not working since release of Summer '13?

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out on this one.

I have a Visualforce page that displays different fieldsets of checkbox fields. This Visualforce page is embedded in one of our custom object layouts and up until the release of Summer '13 the inline editing functionality was working whereby when we went to view a record we were able to double click the checkboxes displayed by this Visualforce page and save these changes without having to go into the full edit mode of the record itself.

My investigations on this so far have revealed in my Sandbox that if I bring up this Visualforce page standalone (outside of the object layout that it's embedded in) this functionality works, but when I view a record that this visual force page is embedded into the inline editing will not work. The only option is to go into the full edit mode of the record itself.

Has anyone had a similiar experience or can you suggest any solutions to this problem? Like I said earlier this functionality was working fine up until the release of Summer '13.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Vance TylerVance Tyler

This is happening for me as well.  unfortunately, its a custom application and I don't have and "edit menu" option. 

kiwitrotterkiwitrotter

Hi Vance,

I have been in touch with Salesforce support regarding this problem over the past few days and between us we managed to get to the bottom of it. Through firebug we were able to see the following error when trying to perform inline editing: "ReferenceError: Jiffy is not defined".

Today when I checked in our production system this is all working now and when I contacted the guy in Salesforce he informed me that a patch went in last night and he's fairly sure that this included the fix for this problem.

My advice would be to contact them if you are still experiencing problems. I needed to give the guy in Salesforce access to both our production and sandbox systems and provide steps to him on how to reproduce.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.