function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HayaHaya 

How to set up Home Page Layout to be different from rest of pages

I am developing a customer portal.

I would like the components on the home page be different than on the rest of the pages.

I went to Setup -> Customize -> Home -> Home Page Layouts and selected the components I want.

The problem is that  it changed all the pages

How do I set up the page layout for the other pages to be different?

Thank you in advance,

Haya

Puja_mfsiPuja_mfsi

Hi,

Please elobrate this little more.

If u want to set the home page of customer portal user different from the rest user,then you need to check the "page layout assignment " i.e. which page layout is assigned to which profile.

And assign the selected home page layout to uor customer portal user profile.

Please let me know if u have any problem on same and if this post helps u please throw KUDOS by click on star at left.

HayaHaya

Hello Puja,

I have a portal with 10 pages.

I would like the home page to have different components than the other 9 pages.

I thought that going to Setup -> Customize -> Home -> Home Page Layouts and selecting the components, would be only for the home page, as the title indicates. But instead all my pages were updated.

Is there a anything I can do?

Thanks,

Haya

Puja_mfsiPuja_mfsi

Hi,

In salesforce there is feature "Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages" ,if u enable this it shows the same sidebar on all pages like in uor Customer portal pages,Otherwise uor changes sidebar show in uor home page only.

But when u deselect this checkbox it affect all the profile i.e either in admin or customer portal etc.

U can go to the setup -> Customize -> User Interface -> Sidebar ( with checkbox "Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages" ).

And deselect this checkbox and change in uor home page component it only effect in uor home page not in other pages.

Please let me know if u have any problem on same and if this post helps u please throw KUDOS by click on star at left.

HayaHaya

Thank you, Puja.

That did separate the components on the home page from the components on the rest of the pages.

The problem is that I need to find a way to customize the what components show on the customer portal pages.

I need 3 layouts:

1. Home page layout

2. Customer portal pages layout.

3. Administrator pages layout.

Is there any way to accomplish that?

Thanks,\Haya