function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jnet77jnet77 

Unable to parse field as dataType could not be retrieved for the passed field:

Hello,

I created a Flow to collect data from customers. I did not want people to login to our grant portal so I also created a VisualForce page that people can click on to enter this information (https://oedit.secure.force.com/portal/ITO_Export_Sales_Update )  I have filters on the Flow which one is to pull only 2013 Opportunities.

I have been researching how to fix this but not having much luck.

Help please.

Encountered unhandled fault when running process International_Export_Project_Sales/301a0000000ChCH exception by user/organization: 00D30000001FgwT/{4}

interaction.dal.exception.DALExecutionFault: unable to parse field as dataType could not be retrieved for the passed field: RawFieldImpl[tableName: Opportunity, columnName: Year__c] > RETRIEVE

caused by element : Data lookup.Opportunity_Lookup

caused by: interaction.dal.exception.DALExecutionFault: unable to parse field as dataType could not be retrieved for the passed field: RawFieldImpl[tableName: Opportunity, columnName: Year__c] > RETRIEVE

Thanks,

Jeanette 

Big EarsBig Ears

Jeanette,

I was having this issue, but I seem to have resolved it - The issue for me was to do with field accessibility. I would check that the user profiles in question have "Read" access to the Year__c field on the Opportunity.

It's a shame that the error message isn't clearer, but that's what solved it for me.

Let me know if that helps?

With thanks,
Andy

fifedog15fifedog15
I've just hit this error myself: Error Message: 
unable to parse field as dataType could not be retrieved for the passed field: RawFieldImpl[tableName: Club__c, columnName: Club_Number_shadow__c]

I've check the site user profile and they have full modify all rights on the object.  Then I've check the FLS and it's editable. Jeanette did you figure this out?  Do you remember what the issue was?
sfdcFanBoysfdcFanBoy
Looks like this is a bug! Salesforce has confirmed

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008Xn7AAE

No workaround :(