function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bujjibujji 

inlineEditing is not working in sandbox

Hi Gusy,

inlineEdit in the pageblock is not working in sandbox, but the same code is working in dev org.

Any idea.

Thanks,

Bujji

colemabcolemab

Does the user in question have permissions to edit the object?  If the code is infact the same, then this sounds like a security issue . . .

bujjibujji
yes, i have the permission to edit the object and inline editing is also enable. But i am not able to edit the field.

Thanks,
Shaik
colemabcolemab

Do you also have permission to edit the *field* on the object? 

bujjibujji
No, just now i checked it. What should i need to do, to get option.

Thanks,
Bujji
colemabcolemab

Navigate to the user in the setup menu and then goto their profile.  On the profile page, find the "Field-Level Security" section.  In that section, locate the object in question and click the view link next to that object.

On this page, all field for the object will be listed and you should see "Visible" and  "Read-Only" columns.  Hit the edit button at the top and make sure that Visible is checked for this field but that Read-Only is NOT checked.  Then hit save and you shoudl be goto go.

bujjibujji
are you talking about secutity controls -> field Accessibility, if so i am not able to see any readonly and visible. It is showing only required.

Thanks,
Bujji
colemabcolemab

Bujji,

That is one way of changing the settings.  However, I was talking about Manage Users->Users.  Then when you find the user in question, click on the link to the profile in the profile column.  Then scroll down to "Field-Level Security" section and click view on the object in quesiton.  Then click the edit button on that page.

Thanks

bujjibujji
It is exactly look like as you said in dev org. But in my sandbox it is not look like that. It is some what different.

Thanks,
Buji
colemabcolemab

Were you able to change the setting?  What was different?  Are you administrator in the sandbox?

bujjibujji
yes, I am

Thanks
colemabcolemab

Ok, Were you able to change the setting?  What was different about the screen?

bujjibujji

Field-Level security section is not displaying.

colemabcolemab

Are you sure you are on the edit profile page?  If so, the FLS section should be directly below the Page Layouts section.

I am afraid that if you can't get the field-level security that I a may not be able to hep you.

bujjibujji

Ok no issues, have you done this type of requirement in visualforce page like,

1) i need to search the account name and has to display the results.

2) onclicking on the account name, need to display account details.

3) if you edit the account details and click on the save button it has to save in the account object.

If you have done, please share the code. I have done upto step 2. But for editing i am not understanding.

Thanks,

Bujji