function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GunnarGunnar 

Dashboard with VFP-Google Charts - mailing it

I have a regular dashboard that has a VisualForce page in one of the spaces, uses it's own controller.

This page has a call to Google Charts.

That all works, the chart picks up the data via the controller, via javascript, works perfect.

All this is in our DEV sandbox.

In Production, we are emailing the dashboards to the executives.

The question is ...

With a dashboard that has a Visual Force page in one of the spaces - and this page has a Google Chart - will this page email correctly???

. . .

You are probably asking why I'm building something new and still using Google? Because the new Salesforce Charting - the Gauge does not have the functionality.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The docs have the following to say:

--- snip ---

Dashboard components that include Visualforce pages and s-controls may not display in dashboard refresh notifications. Users must view them in Salesforce.

--- snip ---

The word 'may' is interesting here, as that implies they might appear or they might not.  According to this idea:

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000ICUG

The user will just receive a message that the element cannot be displayed.  To be honest, that's the behaviour I'd expect in your case as google charts relies on javascript and the email client won't support that.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The docs have the following to say:

--- snip ---

Dashboard components that include Visualforce pages and s-controls may not display in dashboard refresh notifications. Users must view them in Salesforce.

--- snip ---

The word 'may' is interesting here, as that implies they might appear or they might not.  According to this idea:

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000ICUG

The user will just receive a message that the element cannot be displayed.  To be honest, that's the behaviour I'd expect in your case as google charts relies on javascript and the email client won't support that.

This was selected as the best answer
GunnarGunnar

Well, it does email, but the google component does not display and instead has a link.

Bummer ...