function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LogeshLogesh 

Removing Knowledge Sidebar from visualforce page

Hi Friends,

I've a custom object which has lookup relationship with Case object. I'd overridden create page for the custom object's record with the visualforce page with a 'Case' standard controller. Since the Case has knowledge sidebar enabled, it also displayed in the new custom record creation page. Is there any way to remove the knowledge Sidebar without changing the 'Case' standard controller.

Thanks,

Logesh

LogeshLogesh

Hi Souvik,

The link refers to the standard knowledge sidebar functionality. Wherein my scenario needs a visualforce page for creating a custom object record. This custom object's record can be created from Case related list. This case has knowledge sidebar in the layout. Since the visualforce page has a standard controller as case & it's been created from Case. It's inheriting the knowledge sidebar.

I know the knowledge sidebar will not appear if I use the standard controller of that particular custom object instead of Case as standard controller. But for some reasons, i need to Use Case as standard controller for that visualforce page.

Thanks,

Logesh