function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner 

Does Status= not work with CommandButton when you have an action=?

Here's a portion of a VF component.  I'm trying to get a command button to display an action Status.  But it doesn't work.

Will the "status=" option not work on a commandButton when it performs a regular action method?  I'm thinking maybe to get it to work you have to remove the action, add an onClick and then have an actionFunction call the actionMethod and have a refresh specified on the actionFunction.

<apex:actionStatus id="refreshStatus" layout="block"  >
              <apex:facet name="start" > 
              <apex:outputPanel >
                  <apex:image value="{!$Resource.Loader}"  rendered="true"/>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                  <apex:outputLabel value="Working . . ." style="font-weight:bold; color:red;"/>
              </apex:outputPanel>
              </apex:facet>
     	</apex:actionStatus>
	<br/>
	<apex:pageBlock >
	  <apex:pageBlockButtons >
	    <apex:commandButton value="Go to 1" action="{!theController.goto1}" disabled="true"/>
	    <apex:commandButton value="Go to 2" action="{!theController.goto2}" status="refreshStatus"/>
	    <apex:commandButton value="Go to 3" action="{!theController.goto3}" status="refreshStatus"/>
	  </apex:pageBlockButtons>

Puja_mfsiPuja_mfsi

Hi,

You need to use "rerender" attribute  in command button. you can use action attribute but with this u need to use rerender attribute as well.

Status --- The ID of an associated component that displays the status of an AJAX update request. 

<apex:commandButton value="Go to 2" action="{!theController.goto2}" status="refreshStatus" rerender="some component Id" />

Please let me know if u have any problem in same and if this post helps u please throw KUDOS by click on star at left.

sakshi pandeysakshi pandey
Thanks !!Puja... it worked for me.. :)
tggagnetggagne
I don't know why rerender="..." is required with status="...", but it worked for me, too.  Thanks.