function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fourfourfunfourfourfun 

Visualforce on Salesforce1

Got a Q about Salesforce 1 - one of the things I really want to roll out to the users is a streamlined mobile version of their processes. One of these involves a Visualforce page that was developed for us.

Navigating to this on the mobile displays the page more in line with desktop Salesforce (i.e not really designed for form factor, no nice calendar pop up, very much not for mobile). How can I get in and start changing things to look different on mobile?

jiah.choudharyjiah.choudhary

@fourfourfun,

Try using "Responsive UI design"

fourfourfunfourfourfun

Phew, ah, have you come across any blogs that have dealt with making visualforce pages mobile ready? I think I need a starting point here.

EDIT:

I am running under the assumption that I have to interject this code that has been developed (150 lines or so) with mobile caveats? i.e. VFpage recognises that it is being accessed through mobile so adapts accordingly, but the web version stays the same.

My fingers are crossed that all I have to do is go to the various fields and buttons and mimic the SFDC style. 

sguptasgupta
you can consider using twitter bootstrap...I ll be posting a blog very soon on how to use twitter bootstrap with VF..
fourfourfunfourfourfun

Ping me a message once that is up, really appreciate any help I can get on this.

Going through tidying up all my code in preparation. 

SamReadySamReady

Hi fourfourfun. Another great resource would be to use our Mobile Design Templates we released earlier this year (bit.ly/sfdcmobiletemplates). They have a very similar look and feel to Salesforce1 so your VF pages won't look out of place. It's another boostrapping tool, similar to Twitter or JQM, but the templates are designed to follow similar design patterns we see in a lot of customer apps. 

Here is a getting started article on the templates: http://blogs.developerforce.com/developer-relations/2013/08/getting-started-with-mobile-design-templates.html

Also, check the blogs next week. I presented a session on mobilizing your existing Visualforce pages at DF this year, and planned on writing a follow up blog on the Salesforce1/VF stuff now that I can officially post it on the interwebs :)