function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aparnaaparna 

Hiding Home Tab or changing its name in Sites

Hi,

Is it possible to hide the home tab in Sites? or atleast can we change its name? Or atleast change the tab color?? Many thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
saharisahari

I think you can get rid of the home tab in the customer portal. I have developed a vf page for the customer portal users. and that does not ahve a home tab.

If this is what you are asking for:

here is the snippet of my vf page

<apex:page id="styleClassProblem"   showHeader="false" sidebar="false" Controller="customerdetailscontroller" action="{!met}">
    <apex:form >
    <style>
     body
    {
      font: 75% tahoma, sans-serif;
      color: white;
      background-image: url('{!$Resource.amfbg}');
    }

And this got the home tab removed from the page.

All Answers

paul-lmipaul-lmi

Sites doesn't have a home tab, the customer portal does.  But, I'm pretty sure you can't get rid of it there either.  We ended up ditching the portal and going fully custom, because the work it takes to override all the stuff you don't want in the portal typically outweighs the time spent building your own, unless you aren't that picky.

saharisahari

I think you can get rid of the home tab in the customer portal. I have developed a vf page for the customer portal users. and that does not ahve a home tab.

If this is what you are asking for:

here is the snippet of my vf page

<apex:page id="styleClassProblem"   showHeader="false" sidebar="false" Controller="customerdetailscontroller" action="{!met}">
    <apex:form >
    <style>
     body
    {
      font: 75% tahoma, sans-serif;
      color: white;
      background-image: url('{!$Resource.amfbg}');
    }

And this got the home tab removed from the page.

This was selected as the best answer
aparnaaparna
Hi.. Ya, thanks. I was thinking of some other ways to make home tab hidden without even realising that we can use showHeader="false". Thanks a lot..