function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RivoRivo 

API or force.com?

We as a business produce press releases which are released to our customers. Currently contacts are subscribed to these press releases via a series of check boxes within the contact record. Currently this process is manual i.e. a user has to check / uncheck box based upon whether a customer wishes to subscribe / unsubscribe to a press release.

Due to legal requirements we now have to allow customers to subscribe / unsubscribe to press releases, but again this manual i.e. user contacts us, we toggle the flag.

Of course we would like to automate this process but I am unsure on how we can do this (this goes way beyond my SF knowledge!!)

We have a fully established corporate website and there is an internal shift towards providing a subscriptions page using this portal perhaps via the API??

I on the other hand would like to use the force.com platform.

But is this possible?

What is the best method?

Is there an associated licence cost? (We current run unlimited)

Apologies for all the questions :smileywink:

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

In my opinion you can achieve this by going in for any of the following :

1. You can integrate your website by using WSDL. You can custom develop your pages and integrate salesforce with your website. Integration can be done in any of the prevalant languages viz. php, .Net, Java etc.

2. You can get the pages developed in visualforce and expose the pages on the customer portal or sites.

Hope this helps.

RivoRivo

Thanks for your help!