function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lesdevacclesdevacc 

Sites & Customer Portal

Hi

I have set up a public site and am in the process of enabling new customers to come in & register via Autheniticated Web User licences.

The site works fine but as soon as I enable login (the only option I have is "enable login for customer portal") on the site the sites VF pages default to the Customer Portal views.  I'm sure i've missed something, can anyone help

Thanks

les

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
lesdevacclesdevacc

I suspect that I may have found the answer to this on another post but it has caused me another problem !

My public sites use "standardstylesheets" just because they're quick !

It seems that if I enable login via my customer portal, the VF pages that use the standardstylesheet  = true all adopt the customer portal wrapper rather than the standard sf style.

Can I get around this at all or does it mean that I have to either accept the portal wrapper or not develop public sites using standardstyles

thanks

les 

All Answers

lesdevacclesdevacc

I suspect that I may have found the answer to this on another post but it has caused me another problem !

My public sites use "standardstylesheets" just because they're quick !

It seems that if I enable login via my customer portal, the VF pages that use the standardstylesheet  = true all adopt the customer portal wrapper rather than the standard sf style.

Can I get around this at all or does it mean that I have to either accept the portal wrapper or not develop public sites using standardstyles

thanks

les 

This was selected as the best answer
BulentBulent

correct. if you use standard stylesheets and once you authenticate with portal standard stylesheets picks up the portal stylesheet (which you can customize via the portal setup). Alternative is to use your own style sheets

lesdevacclesdevacc

Thanks for the advice, it really helps - can you help me out with another one.  Am using Authenticated Wed User Licences & would like a bit of advice re a couple of things.  Firstly would like to use standard CRM functionality to run campaigns to contacts using Prof Licence, no problems here.  want to encourage prospects to come onto public site, register, authenticate & book onto  course ie spend money !  Have most of this up & running but am not sure how to set up the relationship between contacts and user profiles.  For example if I enable the portal for a contact it's ok for them to use the portal, I also have a trigger to automatically update contact.  but what if a new user registers via the portal? How can I create a new contact or does it do this automatically?  Also if I logon as an administrator, what if I want to create a new booking for one of my contacts - am I right in saying that I will have to associate a user to the booking, in other words create a portal user from the contact ?

BulentBulent

every portal user has a contact that is associated withe the user. When a new user registers for a portal via the self service registration flow a new contact is created if there is no matching one under the account.

You can update the contact layout for internal users to add the enable for portal button. Via this button internal users can enable contacts (creates a users and ties them) for a specific portal.