function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jeff@jlhjeff@jlh 

Importing from HTML to Excel Horizontially

I have the need to import thousands of contacts from internet lists.  The lists are usually vertical instead of horizontal.  In other words, when I copy and paste into Excel, all the data goes into column A.  I need for the name to be in column A, the phone # in column B, etc.  I'm sure there is a way to pivot the data around and have tried using pivot tables but no luck so far.  Currently, I am having to cut and paste the data into the columns I need so it imports into SalesForce.  Anybody solved this issue before?

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

When you do copy and paste in excel then your records comes Vertically insteadof horizontally.In this case you can use Excel  property by this way:     Right click on cell -> Paste Special -> Transpose.

Hope this helps.

jeff@jlhjeff@jlh

Thank you.  That will save me time.  Also, some of the data transfers within a cell.  For example, "city, state, and zip code" all appear on the same line on the web site and when I transfer to Excel, all 3 variables end up in the same cell.  Currently, I am selecting the values individaully and moving them to their proper cell.  Is there a way to transpose or perform some other operation on the data so that it transfers each of these values into an individual cell?