function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
disturbed118disturbed118 

Urgent issue with sites page, please help :(

Hi i have a visualforce page that is one page but has 3 sections (split like 3 pages), each section is part of a step by step process to update some info. I have buttons at the top next and back, the action methods just return null but has some logic to render which section of the wizard i.e. page1, page2.

Now if you go back and then next i.e clicking on the buttons the page fails, i checked some vairables and most have now become null. What i tried to acheive here was have 3 pages but in one page. what is strange is that say you goto the next section (page) clicking next and update some info and go back it seems to work but if go back and forth with no update the page eventually dies.

So i am thinking there is something wrong with the view state?

The funny thing is if i run this inside the org it works fine you can press back and next and it never dies. But if i then run it as a sites page it will eventually die i.e it looses its sate and the objects become null?

BulentBulent

seems like your page logic breaks when caching is on. Try setting apex page attribute cache="false".

hemantgarghemantgarg

Is this issue solved by cache=false, I am facing same type of issue ?