function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rakesh ERakesh E 

Time Limit exceeded error while trying to open a Visual Force page

Hi ,

i am using a VF page as a content provider for our JQGrid. we are unable to get the JSON data for the gird when loading this page. 

we are getting a "Time out Error" in client org. the same page is working n our sandbox. the codes and number of records that we are returning as the JSON reponse is same in both cases,but not sure why it is not working. below is the error i ma getting in the response

NetworkError: 500 Server Error

Time limit exceeded

Your request exceeded the time limit for processing.

please let me know if there is any specific reason for this error. i am preparing the JSON string in the in the constructor flow itself, by accessing different page parameters according to our requirement.

any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Rakesh

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Rakesh,

Are you using this page force.com sites? If yes then it is because the service request time limit exceeded. There is following limits as per edition:

Service Request Time (per rolling 24-hour period per site)

Developer Edition                                                        10 minutes

Enterprise Edition                                      30 minutes for sandbox and 60 hours for production

Unlimited Edition                                       30 minutes for sandbox and 60 hours for production

Refer following link to find ways to improve this:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=Request-Limit-exceeded-Governor-Limit&language=en_US

If still it doesn't help then log a case with support requesting for resetting Service request time for your Org.