function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TeamFuguTeamFugu 

Problem with taborderhint

I'm trying to set the tab order for fields in a Visual Force page. Since the <apex:inputXXX> tags no longer support tabindex, I'm using the taborderhint attribute but when the page is rendered, it always multiplies my number by 10. Thus if I set the following, taborderhint="19" the element's tab order is set to 190 when the page is rendered. As you migt expect, this causes a lot of frustration for users, and me, when you try to tab through fields on a form. I checked the VF page and the rendered HTML and there would not have been a conflict at 19.

Is there any way to have my "hint" be honored as a guidline but more as an order? Who would have thought it to be a good idea to just take the hint and append a zero to the end for no reason other than they want to make sure there isn't a collision? 190 puts it as many as 171 tab presses away from where I want it to be. How could this possibly be OK?

havshavs

I'm running into this same issue. I need to set the tabOrder on a visualForce page and give each tab order an increment of 10. So that it's easily mantainable and can add up to 9 additional fields in that tab order, without changing all of the fields. This just doesn't make sense that they would append a zero to the end. 

If you find a fix please post it so that I can try to workaround this issue. 

I guess a jquery solution might also be a possiblity. 

TeamFuguTeamFugu

I could see doing this with either jQuery or JavaScript but I think being forced into this is silly. Since there are no collisions on my request, the VisualForce page rendering should honor it. It is telling that the documentation for tabindex says the range is from 0 to 32767 and for the taborderhint is from 0 to 3276. This leads me to infer that the appending of 0 has been there from the very beginning is not stated in the documenation.