function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RC5834RC5834 

VF: Case History Timeline on CaseDetail page

Hello,

I saw this post and thought it was a great idea for our org: http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Visualforce_CaseHistoryTimeline

What I am struggling with is creating a page that looks like the standard case detail page and adding this timeline at the bottom. Has anyone succeeded in doing this? I am able to create buttons and use the URL to get to that page but being able to have this at the bottom of a case detail page would be the holy grail. Thank you.

-RC

nathaForcenathaForce
Hi RC5834,

Have you tried adding the VF page in the existing Case page layout instead of creating a new page for the entire layout altogether?

Sorry I do not know your familiarity with the product so I thought I would ask.

To do that you would first create all the code as specified in the link.

One update you will have to do, though, is specify to tie this page to a standard controller, and change the constructor to the apex controller:
1) on the 2 pages, within the <apex:page....> tag : instead of controller="CaseHistoryController", you will replace it with standardController="Case" extensions="CaseHistoryCon"
2) in the controller:
public CaseHistoryCon() should be updated to
public CaseHistoryCon(ApexPages.StandardController controller)

and then update the page layout:
Under "Visualforce Pages", choose your page name and drag it to the page layout (probably at the end).

Let me know if this helps at all.

Nathalie
RC5834RC5834

Hi Nathalie,

Thanks for your help. I'm an admin starting in the development world, so I have very basic knowledge. I'm probably making a very simple mistake, but when I try to follow your reply and make the line item: <apex:page standardController="Case" extensions="CaseHistoryCon" tabStyle="Case" sidebar="false">, I get this error message:Error: Unknown constructor 'CaseHistoryCon.CaseHistoryCon(ApexPages.StandardController controller)' with a prompt to create a new Apex method.

Does that make sense?

-Rene

nathaForcenathaForce

Hi Rene,

Yes this makes sense. The controller needs to be updated first, sorry! Once the new constructor is there you should be able to update the page.

Nathalie