function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BallalBallal 

Error: Permission Read Custom Object depends on permission(s): Read Opportunities

I have a custom object which has a Master-Detail relation to Opportunity. (i.e. Opportunity is Master and Custom Object is Detail).

When I created the Custom Object I had set this relation as a simple lookup relation. So I had an Opportunity lookup on my Custom Object. I could then add the custom object tab to my customer portal. (i.e. by making it visible on the Customer Portal profile that I have created).

When I change the relation to a Master-Detail relation as mentioned above The Custom Object tab is automatically switched off on my Customer Portal Profile. When I check the Customer Portal Settings for the selected tabs list I have the tab for the Custom Object in my selected tabs list.

When I then try to switch on the Custom Object tab on my Customer Portal Profile I get the following error:

"Error: Invalid Data

Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Permission Read Evaluation Licences depends on permission(s): Read Opportunities"

How do i change the permission on the Opportunities to Read? Am I missing something here?

Any advice is appreciated.

Ballal

DarkLightDarkLight

Hi, second to this question.

admin1.39211404743922E12admin1.39211404743922E12
Hi, third to this question.
Steven RudisillSteven Rudisill
Agreed, what is the answer here?
Ryan CGRyan CG

We just encountered something similar after refreshing one of our environments from prod:

1. Working with an "Account Admin" profile (taking liberty with some names here) in the enhanced User Interface
2. Attempting any save on Customers results in "Permission Read All Privleges depends on permissions(s): Read All Agreements"
3. Attempting any save on Privleges results in "Permission Read All on Customers depends on permission(s): Read All Accounts"
4. Attempting any save on Accounts results in "Permission Read all Privleges depends on permission(s): Read All Agreements"
5. Attempting any save on Agreements results in "Permission Read All  Customers depends on permission(s): Read All Accounts"

The trend for us here was that this profile needed "Read All" for Agreements and Accounts. In fact, any save we made to the profile resulted in one of those two error messages. In order to break this deadlock, all we had to do was enable Read All for both Agreements and Accounts (revert back to the original profile view to save permissions for multiple objects at one time).

No clue how the profile got, well, corrupted like this in the first place. It likely had something to do with our refresh/deploy activities, but the exact cause is still unkown. Hopefully this helps someone in need!

~Ryan

Raunacq RaajRaunacq Raaj
Hi.. any resolutions to this yet.. just got a similar error requesting Read all permissions to account object by a master detail object... any solutions out there ? 

Permission Read All UN_Object__c depends on permission(s): Read All Account

UN_Object__c is child to Account. 

Thanks
Raunacq

Raunacq RaajRaunacq Raaj
Solution for the above... 
1. Move only profiles 
2. Go to destincation org and set up the profile similar to source org. Give Read/View all to accounts. 
3. Push objects into Destination org. It worked for our deployment. 

Hope this helps others. 

Thanks
Raunacq