function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mahendiran JayavarmaMahendiran Jayavarma 

Not able create user in Force.com Site

Hi,

Im trying to create user in my force.com site. Actually I have enable the login and the license type that is used is the customer portal manager license. Im trying to create customer portal user. But I could not create.

If I register the user Im getting error for "Your request cannot be processed at this time.The site administrator has been alerted"

Please help me for this.

Thanks,

Mahendiran.

EIE50EIE50

Hi there,

A new user would be able to register only if there is a contact record already existing in the salesforce, and that contact is enabled for customer portal self registration (there is a checkbox field in contact object). Once you create a contact and enable the contact for portal self registration, you can then try using self registration in your portal, it would work.

Thanks.

it will showing error like " An account owner must be associated with a role to enable portal users or transfer portal users to his or her account"

What i will do the next step.

Please help me.

done ... thanks

if i the contact as enabled as a custom portal user, it works good.

but if i directly create new user in siteregistration page. im getting error.

what to do.please help me on this

EIE50EIE50

Hi Mahendran,

That is how the customer portal user creation works in salesforce. There needs to be a contact pre existing in the SF Contacts Database with Customer portal field enabled, else the registration is not possible. You have to handpick the users for whom you would like to give access to your portal.

If you want more flexibility with user registration, like anyone can self register then i would suggest looking at Sites.

Thanks.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

When creating a customer portal user and if error comes like Account owner must have a role then in this case you must have associate a role with account of that contact. It is mandatory requirement for creating a customer portal user.

If you want to track the role exist or not in account then in this case you can use this sample code:

Account acc = [Select Owner.UserRoleId,Owner.Name,Owner.Profileid,Owner.Id, OwnerId,Id From Account where id =:con.AccountId];

if(acc.Owner.UserRoleId == null)

{

// your logic here.

}