function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dovid BDovid B 

integration to authorize.net

What I want to do is fairly simple. I just want to send a user who has signed up for one of our fee-based webinars to authorize.net to handle the payment processing and then come back to our site and dump the registration info and payment confirmation into sfdc.

Now, on a non-Sites website I could do this fairly easily in php, java, or any of the other apis authorize.net provides. I would just have a form to collect the basic registration information, send that to authorize.net, get the confirmation back and drop the info into a db.

However since Sites is not using (not that I can access) php, java, etc. and they don't have an apex or a javascript api as far as I know, anybody have any suggestions how to interface to authorize.net? 

Please do not offer appExchange solutions as they are not in our budget right now. 

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

Using Force.com Sites, you could create the user entry form to collect the data input, then when the user clicks a 'submit' button, that Sites page (ie a Visualforce page) will cause Apex to execute. And that Apex can make a callout to the 3rd party service via web services. And upon response, you can insert/update the data in the Force.com custom objects/fields.

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

Using Force.com Sites, you could create the user entry form to collect the data input, then when the user clicks a 'submit' button, that Sites page (ie a Visualforce page) will cause Apex to execute. And that Apex can make a callout to the 3rd party service via web services. And upon response, you can insert/update the data in the Force.com custom objects/fields.

This was selected as the best answer
Dovid BDovid B

Thanks aalbert,

I'll try that.

achughtaiachughtai

Is there a way to submit form from controller code to third party like authorize.net?

gaurav.dixitgaurav.dixit

what about the PCI compliance how we can handle that ? when we  are integrating the Force.com with Authorize.net how we are handling PCI compliance,  we  cant store user data ?