function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MichaelNMichaelN 

Cannot add content (that will display) to CMSForce2 site

Installed CMSForce2. Followed instructions up to page 13.  Was able to launch WYSIWYG editor and create basic PageItem content, but this content does not show up on the site preview or on the site itself (http://fugroroadware.force.com/software/cms/Home).

Suspecting permission issue of some kind.  All CMSForce2 objects have Read access or higher in Public Access Settings including PageItems which was not specified in the instructions.

Trying to view the PageItem by itself produces Authorization required page.

Help!!  This was supposed to be easy, but I haven't even gotten started.

Thanks,

Michael

Greg LovelidgeGreg Lovelidge

When you add an item to a page are there available content blocks to add the items to?  

I have 2 defined content blocks in my template and the 'add new item,' 'add existing item' and 'add existing web form' links show up in the areas where I added then content blocks, but when you try to an add an item there are no content block options and saving the item doesn't add any content.

Are you having the same issue?

MichaelNMichaelN

Yes, this sounds like exactly the same issue I'm having.  I was able to use the CMS editor to create a content object (PageItem), but the object doesn't appear in the editing window, in the preview, or in the site itself. 

If I go to Pages, I can see the objects listed under PageItem.  I can edit them there, and the Display in Contentblock appears to be correct. But they don't show.

Is anyone able to offer any help?

Thank you!

Michael

Greg LovelidgeGreg Lovelidge

I was able to fix the issue by going to the page template record and saving it.  Not the actual visualforce template, but the PageTemplate record.

I guess any time you make changes to a template you need to save the page template record and it will update.

MichaelNMichaelN

Hi Greg,

I pressed Edit on the page below as suggested and then pressed Save.  I also opened and saved each PageItem.  Still I don't see them showing up on the site.

Then I opened the Visualforce template and saved it too, but still nothing.

Screencap: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8htINNyVu28OGNmYTc3MjQtZjMwNy00YjAzLTlkNDQtZTEwMmVhM2Q1MmE1&hl=en

Michael

MichaelNMichaelN

Update on this issue:

I have not touched anything for 2 weeks, but the symptoms have changed.  I now get the Authorization Required page when visiting my Force.com site or even when trying to Preview as Admin.  This leads me to suspect again the access settings, but I don't know where to look.

This is still a show-stopper until it's resolved.

Thanks,

Michael

MichaelNMichaelN

No solution yet.  Is there official support for CMSForce2 yet?  Or even for Force.com sites?  Or is this just experimental stuff for hackers?

Michael

MateoMateo

found this comment on a search for the problem you describe...

"...another common mistake is that people forget to actually 'Deploy' the package after the installation."

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/reviewDetail?reviewId=a0S30000004W9asEAC

Once I deployed the CMS package it worked brilliantly.  

MichaelNMichaelN

Just to close this out, we were never able to find a solution.  We ended up uninstalling CMSForce2.  I don't recommend using this tool unless you have developers or consultants with time on their hands to set this up for you.

Michael

sirhuurusirhuuru

I had the same issue. 

The problem was that I had not deployed the package (as mentioned above). 

Setup -> Installed packages -> CMSForce -> Deploy