function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ram2forceram2force 

I want to create a site with Authentication

I want to create a site with Authentication.If i enter my site  url in browser first the login page should Display. After providing correct  credentials it will show my site pages........how to do this..........

I want to give only my site url to others. They dont have any salesforce login account or anything. They have only browser. they should enter the crediatials given by me and enter to the site.

i am using Developer Edition....Is it possible to do like this...........

Plz reply..i eagerly waiting for reply............

paul-lmipaul-lmi

authenticated sites require portal licensing, which you have to pay for.

ram2forceram2force

So I cannot Develop authenticated sites in free or developer edition??? which one i want to use?? how much money i want to pay for them????

new2forcenew2force

Hi I am here developing sites with authentication. my company have portal licences and good to start developing.  I need some help here. Can u guys refer me any tutorials to get the clear picture. Thank u

jjagojjago

Hello! I have a similar question. I am using Developer Edition and want to make an authenticated site. Do I have to create an Account and give the AccountId to the Register Controller Class or can I somehow bypass this and register new user simply using the standard User Object?

Best regards

new2forcenew2force

Hi iam not sure what u r asking but go thru this below url, u will get clear picture

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Authenticating_Users_on_Force.com_Sites

jjagojjago

Thank you, I know this WebPage http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Authenticating_Users_on_Force.com_Sites already. It's what I don't want to do. What I want is to be able to register a User without an Account (or a Contact)...

Hope someone has already tried this and can exchange his/her experience with me...

Best regards

new2forcenew2force

when someone registers , u should save his credentials in the object(any object .it need not be contact or account) . unless u save the credentials, if he wanna login how can u recognize the site user.

generally what we do is we save detials in the contact. when he registers we will see if hew is the registered user  and if Username and Pwd are correct , he can got his page.